Sherlock Communications led the way at this month’s Latin America SABRE Awards, triumphing over global companies up to 100 times its size. The young digital marketing and PR agency won seven Gold and Silver SABREs and a coveted Global SABRE at Friday’s virtual ceremony.
Patrick O’Neill, Sherlock’s Irish co-founder, said the wide-scale recognition is testament to his team’s dedication to excellence and the ambitiousness of the agency’s various clients. Among those clients are US edu-tech innovators Instructure, which was awarded a Diamond SABRE for Company of the Year, as well as winning Best Campaign, Integrated Marketing for ‘Proving the Value of Distance Learning in Latin America’.
“I am obviously delighted, but what I really want to stress is the importance of the entire team,” said Mr O’Neill. “They are so dedicated to excel every day and it’s they who deserve the real praise. It also wouldn’t be possible without the ambition, trust, and flexibility of all our clients too. It’s been a tough year for obvious reasons and it’s going to be tough still going forward, but these awards are recognition of our ability to shine even in the face of adversity and we are excited for the challenges ahead.”
With a focus on international clients looking to expand their business in Latin America, Sherlock was shortlisted 24 times across 15 categories ahead of this year’s ceremony. The next closest agency was nominated 14 times. Alasdair Townsend, Sherlock’s English co-founder, said the company’s growing foothold in Latin America is one of the keys to its recent success.
Founded in 2015 in São Paulo, it now has satellite offices in 11 LATAM countries as well as a physical presence in the UK, US, and Europe. On Friday, its campaign ‘The Power of Imagery in Latin America’ with Getty Images won Best Campaign in Argentina, while ‘Bringing Jobs to Brazil’ with indeed.com won in the Business-to-Business Marketing category.
“The most gratifying thing about all of this is to see so many campaigns from different territories winning awards,” said Townsend. “We are a young company and trying to do things a little different from other agencies in the region and these awards are evidence that it’s working. They are also a testament to our local teams on the ground across Latin America and the faith our clients are willing to show in us. We thank them and look forward to continuing working together in the year to come.”
Sherlock Communications’ and Taboola’s ‘The Power of Recommendation’ campaign was named the outright winner in the Media, Arts & Entertainment category, while campaigns on behalf of US fintech firm banQi and international lighting experts Signify won Marketing to Consumer awards for a new product and an existing product respectively.
“We are completely focused on helping our clients to achieve their goals in Latin America and often beyond,” added Townsend. “That’s why we have built Sherlock in the way that we have – a borderless team of creative and passionate people. We’re a new breed and we want to lead the way, innovating through our work and our model. And the recognition we are getting is a testament to effective strategy and execution, all packaged up with a dedication to excellence in our field.”
The Latin American SABRE Awards took place during RADICAL, the international public relations conference held annually by the Mexican Public Relations Professionals’ Association (PROP).
- SABRE Award Company of the Year: Proving the Value of Distance Learning in Latin America, Instructure with Sherlock Communications.
- Best Campaign, Media, Arts & Entertainment: The Power of Recommendation — Taboola with Sherlock Communications
- Best Campaign, Argentina: The Power of Imagery in Latin America – Getty Images with Sherlock Communications
- Best Campaign, Multi-Market: Proving the value of Distance Learning in Latin America — Instructure with Sherlock Communications
- Best Campaign, B2B Marketing: Bringing Jobs to Brazil – Indeed.com with Sherlock Communications
- Best Campaign, Marketing to Consumer (New Product): Heroes of the Community – banQi with Sherlock Communications
- Best Campaign, Marketing to Consumer (Existing Product): Smart Lighting Brazil – Signify with Sherlock Communications
- Global SABRE Award: Proving the value of Distance Learning in Latin America — Instructure with Sherlock Communications