ProXXima recently reported on new data from Infobase Interactiva, who have offered a compelling round-up of statistics on the power of online influencers in Brazil, covering Instagramers, YouTube stars and bloggers, and the increasing significance of influencer engagement campaigns.
The study argues that we are already at the point where content published by online influencers generates the same or greater results than a 30 second TV slot.
The infographic is inserted below but for non Portuguese speakers, the headline data are:
- Advertising share in 2019 will be 36% internet, 30% television
- 74% of consumers rely on social media to make purchasing decisions
- 72% of B2B buyers use social media to research products
- 91% of B2B purchases are influenced by word of mouth
- 85% of B2B decision makers depend on trusted online communities to conduct research on business technology
- Word-of-mouth amplifies the results of paid campaign by at least 15%
- 84% of consumers take purchasing decisions on the basis of trusted opinion from influencers over other forms of advertising
- Brands plan to increase their investment in online influencers by 30% in 2016