- Arrest Weakens Lula and Sets Marina Silva Close to Bolsonaro A nation-wide survey carried out last week shows that Lula is still leading the poles with 31% in the most favorable scenario among the nine possible candidates
- Senator Aécio Neves May Become a Defendant in New Trial The defeated candidate in the last presidential elections was accused of passive corruption and obstruction of justice in June 2017, in an investigation related to JBS’ plea bargain; Aécio was caught on tape asking Joesley Batista for US$ 587,000.
- Cash Was Used to Pay for Work Done for Temer’s Daughter, Says Supplier Architect Maria Rita Fratezi, wife of President Michel Temer personal friend, paid expenses related to the remodeling of a home belonging to one of the President’s daughters in cash, according to one of the project’s suppliers.
- Marfrig Acquires Part of National Beef, Becoming World’s 2nd Largest Meat Company The acquisition of National Beef will be financed through private bank Rabobank; The Brazilian National Development Bank helped Marfrig and other Brazilian food processing companies expand
- Despite Economic Recovery, Brazilians’ Income Declined in 2017 The fall was driven by salaries, still a reflex of the labor market crisis; The figures show that Brazil was coming from a very bad situation and it continued very bad,” says FGV economist Fernando de Holanda Barbosa Filho